I know it’s not officially “Talk Like a Pirate Day,” but I got his wonderful paper Viking from Sandra and I just had to show him off.
I also have a few events coming up worth mentioning.
• August 30th — September 4th: see two of my fiber collages (“Pink House” and “Fairytale Forest“) at the Blurred Boundaries exhibit at the Fabrications Retreat in Kalamazoo, MI.
• September 7th: This is the last day to put your Iraqi Bundles of Love in the mail. Purge your stash, contribute to a good cause, and make the world a smaller more pieceful place all at the same time.
• September 10th: First day of the annual SAQA Auction. I didn’t make the deadline for submitting a piece this year but that shouldn’t stop anyone from checking out all the other wonderful and affordable textile art and supporting a great organization.
• September 25th — 27th: Breaking Traditions benefit exhibit at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, MI. This year’s theme is Home and I’ve donated one of my house/chair/roots pieces. If you go to the show, vote for my art and I might win a prize.
• October 15th — 18th: Tactile Architecture at International Quilt Festival Houston. My art quilt “Aquifer” will be there and then travel with TA to IQF in Chicago, IL and Long Beach, CA in 2010.