Things are a whirlwind around here. With drawings last month at McGuffey and now at Derriere de Soie, art quilts in upcoming exhibits, contemplating proposals and planning, plus making new art, it seems there is no shortage of things to keep track of. Here are the events happening in the near future, which I’ll blog about in more detail soon:
- Figure Drawings at Derriere de Soie: now through the end of March
- The Army Wife: I’ll be presenting selected pieces at the Annual Joint Forces Luncheon at Ft Eustis on mArch 20th. This is by invitation for members of military spouses clubs, so I’m looking forward to sharing my work with people I know it will resonate with.
- Art Quilt Elements: Zeitgeist is part of this prestigious art quilt exhibit. I’ll be at the opening reception and look forward to meeting in person many other art quilters and enthusiasts who I currently know only by name or artwork.
- Living With Art: Real Art for Real People: I have three pieces in this regional SAQA show in Chantilly, VA. The exhibit is in the shared space of an office park and should highlight how well art quilts fit into a corporate environment. Since the art will hang from March through June, it would be a good excursion for anyone attending the SAQA conference in early May.
- Art and Ecology exhibit: at McGuffey Art Center. I’m pleased to be participating in this group show in April, which promises to be eclectic and educational!
- I’m on the local artists panel at the SAQA conference in April. I hope to see lots and lots of people there!