This one actually started last night. I got into bed, but then had an idea and had to get up and go back to the sewing machine.
“Rooted” 2007 9″x12″
The background is irregular bubbles stitched pretty regularly. I don’t know if it’s the thicker thread (40 weight Valdani hand dyed) or the thicker/looser fabric (a recycled cotton tablecloth, also hand dyed), but it was pretty easy to keep the stitches even and looking good. On top of that I appliquéd a house painting. Then I added a piece of cotton drop cloth and stitched with the fine Masterpieces thread and then the metallic again. This morning I added french knots and decided that the experiment was worth binding and finishing off.
One of the Quilted Chaos ladies has been generous enough to coordinate donating a bunch of little quilts to Ami Simms’ Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative. I figured if she is magnanimous enough to do the coordinating, I could be magnanimous enough to make something. So this will be it.