Nope, no rants today, rather, a lot of happy red showing up in my projects. After the pants sucess yesterday, I dove into a (sort of) matching jacket today. It’s not done yet, as I need to sew the cuffs up, add buttons, and add patch pockets with a Fliegenpilz on one (waiting for the Fliegenpilz patch to arrive in the mail). The jacket is fully lined and started with a Burda pattern which I shortened and added the ruffles to. I have used an amazing amount of red top-stitch thread in the last two days, but it’s totally worth the extra effort. I’m really liking how these two projects are turning out.
And, speaking of red projects, I FINALLY painted and hung the shelf I’ve been wanting in my sewing room for about four months. (I’ve had the brackets for at least five years.) I painted my storage box (with a Fliegenpilz-inspired drawer), and covered a bulletin board with Terry’s great silk-screened fabric and a Fliegenpilz border, of course.
In the name of “keeping it real,” I tried to refrain from cleaning up too much before taking these pictures. To be truthful though, I did move several piles of papers and works-in-progress to the bed on the other side of the room. I let the piles of blue and red fabrics stay since they matched. I’m not showing you the bed, but hopefully it will be cleaned off and have a coordinating quilt by the end of May when my MIL will claim this as her room for a while. Hmmm, May. Maybe not the quilt.